My continuing struggle with patience finally paid off. My child was able to get a perfect score in spelling! Whew! So what did I do? Simple, I lowered my expectation. I was just after my child passing her spelling quiz.. I also disciplined my child to have a regular study time and I also strictly imposed the "no television/video games" on school days. I also placed myself in her situation. With her limited attention span, I had to find ways to engage her and help her understand how to syllabicate the word so it will be easier for her. I am so proud of my daughter. When I asked how she did it? She said that she has the best teacher in the world. In my mind, I should credit her English teacher for that. But then she said, "No Mom, You are the best teacher a daughter can ever have. I don't need a tutor. I just need you to help me get through this. I love you mom!" Then she gave me a big hug and kissed my cheeks. I felt a tear drop...:)
There are so many parenting books at http://www.amazon.com that can help us become better parents. Here are some of those that I have read so far:
No comments:
Post a Comment