Thursday, July 8, 2010

Perk Up A Sluggish Day

The day didn't start exactly as I had planned. When I woke up at 10 in the evening my body is telling me to lay down again and go back to sleep. I only had like 3 hours of sleep and my body doesn't seem to want to cooperate with me. I stood up with my eyes half clothes, got my towel, opened my underwear drawer, chose what undergarments to wear and head straight to the shower. I opened the shower and decided that cold water is best to wake me up. I took about 15 minutes and I stepped out of the bathroom. I was still feeling sleepy and I walked around the house like a zombie. I headed straight to the my closet and decided to wear the first thing that I laid my hands on..turned out what I had to wear was brown. After dressing up I brushed my teeth, fixed my hair and put on a light makeup. I was trying to make my eyes look bigger but I ended up smudging eyeliner all over my eyelids and under my eyes. I said to myself "oh what a perfect day this is going to be".

I went to the office, started fixing the papers that have piled up on my boss' table and headed to timekeeping, then to HR and Accounting. I still feel like a zombie roaming endlessly into this world. I said to myself I have to do something about this....do it now...do it now..my spirit pleaded with me.

So I drank about 2 cups of coffee (one hot and one cold) and ate some light crackers...but still nothing. Hmmmm...what should I do now? Then it hit me. Everything starts with a decision. Everything starts in the head..you just have to choose and condition your mind. And yes! everything follows. So I made the decision not to be lazy today....and I kept myself busy..finding things to do at every opportunity. Good morning everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment