Monday, July 5, 2010

A Slice of Cheezcake

A lot of people I know cope with stress in different ways. Some go to the spa… exercise…some engage in sports. Some turn to alcohol and some to extreme indulgence such as drugs and sex. But probably the most common coping mechanism is you guess it eating FOOD! We each have our own comfort food – these are food that became our favorite as a very young child and we crave for them when we feel sad, lonely or stressed. When we are lonely or sad, our mind gives us this signal that we need to find something familiar….something that we love….something we think will comfort us in the absence of family or friends whom we can talk to.

My comfort food is corned beef (the imported canned type) and a slice of sinfully delicious strawberry cheesecake. My romance with corned beef started when my dad died. My dad loves corned beef. When he was alive he would finish a can even without rice. I guess, I love corned beef because I somehow feel as if my dad is there whenever I taste the salty, smoky, fat laden beef from the can. I would remember all the wonderful memories that I have with my dad. Somehow this would make me feel better. As for cheesecake, I just love the tasty, soft cheese blended with the tangy strawberry taste. We know that sugar release certain endorphins in our bodies that is why we feel a temporary high like we are happy when we eat food laden with this sweet stuff.

I named this Blog site “A Slice of Cheezcake” with the objective of giving comfort and entertainment to my readers. I hope that by writing about real life stories, experiences, humor and everything this life has to offer will somehow inspire and move my readers to continue living life to the fullest.

Here’s a slice of cheezcake to all of you. Oh and in case you want to know where I have tasted the best cheesecake? I love the one at Italiani’s, Cheesecake Etc. and at Banapple. But I specially love the homemade cheesecake that I make at home…Hahahah! Talk about love your own..seriously, it’s easy to make no bake cheesecake. The secret is you keep on trying till you get it right. On my next post, I will share with you my recipe for my no-bake cheesecake.

Till later.

No comments:

Post a Comment