I rode the first cab that I saw downstairs and as we were leaving, the raw of stalls in front of our building suddenly collapsed. I told the cab driver to be careful. I remembered the destruction brought by typhoon Ondoy and Pepeng in October.At this point I started to pray. "Oh please Lord, have mercy..not another Ondoy please...and help me make it to the office without an accident." The cab was cruising along Shaw blvd. when strong rains started to fall and there was very little visibility and all I can see was a fog, some branches and roofs flying. I told the driver to be careful. At last I reached the office, my knees were still shaking. Yes, I am safe so I uttered a "thanksgiving prayer". As I entered the office, the agents were in a state of panic as the strong winds and rain were pounding on the glass windows making it shake. Most of them wanted to go home but I told them that it is better to stay indoors than venture out at this time. I guess I was able to convince them to stay where they are.
The storm lasted for more than hour. And then there was silence...so silent that you can actually hear a pin drop. I said that rage is finally over. It's ironic how the typhoon started with a violent rage...a rage so scary that you just want to hide from it. The storm is like every problem that comes to our lives...we are scared, we panic...but then when our good sense takes over ...there is silence...as if nothing happens. What I am trying to drive at is for every problem there is a solution....and sometimes we have to brave the storm and face it head on in order for us to move on. Always remember that every situation that comes to us is there to teach us valuable lessons.
Whenever we are weary or sad or discouraged, always remember that we are not alone. We have people who love us and are willing to help us. Plus pray...pray as they can move mountains. There are also a lot self help books that we can read to help us get through the storm. Check this books from http://www.amazon.com:
May you always be blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment