
Father’s day just passed and I remember my dad. I can't help but feel a twinge of sadness as I remember him. I miss him terribly even though it's almost 20 years since he died. He was taken by the Lord at an early age of 50 on
When we arrived at the hospital, we were ushered to the mortuary. The caretaker there gave me back my dad's clothes, his wallet and his watch. There in the cold morgue I saw his face..his handsome face. His eyes seemed like they were looking up to heaven. He seems to be praying and talking to the Lord. He died in an accident but his face didn't even have any scratch and he seemed peaceful. My aunt and I closed his eyes. I wanted to hug him but I just froze. We never had a chance to say goodbye to him. I felt at that time that there was so much to say...so much to do...but it was too late. My beloved dad was dead. He will never hear what I want to say. I will never see him again.
Being the eldest, I was the closest to him. I remember him taking care of me when I was sick. He would accompany me when I was taking entrance exams. He was always there. That is why, it was so hard for me to accept his death. It took me 12 years before I finally accepted his death. This was after I lead a life of rebellion...I guess I fully accepted it when my eldest daughter was born in 2003. It hit me that now I have a new role to play and that is being a good mom to my baby.
After 3 years, I gave birth to my son JM. As he was growing up, I saw his growing resemblance to my Dad, his smile and he has these mannerisms that were so much like my dad. I am thinking that maybe it was heaven's way of making me see that Dad will always be there for me.
We must show our love for our parents, kids, husbands, partners, etc. every day. We shouldn't wait at the last moment for it might be too late.
Happy Father's Day Dad! I know that you are in a better place now. Don't worry about us. Please pray and interceed for us here on earth. I love you dad...forever you will be remembered.
No comments:
Post a Comment